10.10.2009

Snow!

The first snow has come upon Iowa City....in October...early October. *Sigh*

In other random tidbits, while I've been recuperating at home, I've been sustaining myself on tea, soups and soft, bland foods...though I must admit that my loving, attentive hubs did bring me lunch during the day as often as he could. After a few days of that, I did make some super yummy, melt-in-your-mouth espresso-chocolate-shortbread, adapted from a recipe I found on one of my favorite food blogs. I've been meaning to make this for a long time, and since I've been cooped up, craving some dark chocolate yumminess, I went for it. I'm not sure how safe it is to eat due to my illness -- or maybe I'm just using that as an excuse to eat them all up for myself!

We've also decided on a room for the nursery. As much as I love cutesiness and design, we're going to try and keep the room very simple and functional. No paint...no crazy wall decorations....minimal rearranging...and minimal spending. But I am starting to look at bedding, furniture, gliders and other baby goods. It's never-ending.

Hope everyone stays warm today!

No comments:

Post a Comment