9.09.2010

Fall.

Cooler temps, deep reddish-orange leaves, that crisp, clean scent in the air as I walk into the hospital in the morning -- it's unmistakable, fall is making its arrival. Sure, it still gets super warm during the day and the AC still kicks in most of the time, but my favorite season is upon us. I love wearing long sleeves with scarves, cute jackets, jeans and closed toed shoes -- without having to add the extra bulk. The earthy browns, reds, oranges and deep purples are my favorite colors (ask anyone who has seen my wedding pictures). Football, warm apple cider, mugs of hot chocolate...comfort foods like one-dish pastas, kalbi-jjim (korean braised short ribs), dahn hobahk jook (sweet butternut squash porridge)...that's what fall makes me think of. Before fall comes into full swing, we've been saying goodbye to summer with friendly bbq's (amazing chicken wings and bacon burgers), fresh cocktails (with lemonade and cucumbers!) and walks outside without bugs!!

This time last year, I remember being pregnant and entertaining my darling nieces. Looking back, I can't believe the changes that one year brought to our lives. Niece #1, S, went from kissing "jellybean" goodnight in my belly, being unsure that she would like him since he was going to be a boy, to admitting that he was "really cute and soft, even for a boy baby" when she finally came to see him. The hubs and I went from being us 2, to a family of 3. We've survived sleepless nights, our 3rd anniversary, moving, new jobs and falling in love with baby E.

E after his first haircut. It was rather traumatic for me, but it had to be done since his hair was always in his eyes!

















All this change also reminds me, yet again, that I've been very lazy about updating this blog -- I will try to do better. My last post had E at 12 weeks and now he's just about 6 months old!! My little man continues to steal the show, as well as my heart, daily in our happy home.

No comments:

Post a Comment