7.21.2014

the small things.

I am sure I've said this before, but with all the changes going on in our lives, I am going to try and update this blog more. I am realizing how quickly our time is passing -- and I just want to document some of our adventures and thoughts. Maybe one day, our boys will look back at this and be able to catch a glimpse of what their mommy was thinking.

Anyway, things around here have been hectic - boards, conferences, the upcoming move, and just the normal business of a household of three little boys under 4. The hubs had a conference in Chicago this past weekend, and I tagged along to get some studying done (and eat and see friends, of course). It was a gorgeous weekend -- perfect weather, outdoor concerts, meeting up with friends, yummy treats and sleep uninterrupted by the various cries of our boys.

But, as always, as awesome as it was to get away for short time, the best part was coming home. It's nice that they are still at an age when they actually miss us and are happy to have us home. Hugs, babbling, jumping, bear hugs -- yup, coming home is the best. I happily soaked up the extra snuggles and mixed-up stories...heck, we even celebrated with ice cream.

Now, this upcoming move is making me more nostalgic and emotional than usual. So this morning, before heading off to study, I decided to do preschool drop-off (I haven't been to school since summer session started). It was actually pretty wonderful to listen to my lil guy singing in the car, to see how excited he was to show me around school, and to hear about how the teachers are refusing to let him move with us because they'll miss him so much. To top it all off, a little girl in his class came up to me shyly and told me she liked my shoes (tangerine Tieks!) and dress. :)

Here's to taking pleasure in the small things. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment