9.10.2009

Welcome!

Ah, my first real foray into the world of blogging. Sure, there were some Xanga sites along the way, but as this time in my life marks some new beginnings, I figured this was a decent way to document them...and share them with the friends who I've been so bad at keeping in touch with.

So this blog will just be about...well, what it says it's about...the life of an emonster. Nothing less, nothing more. What is an emonster? I suppose one way of describing it is that an emonster is just a girl...one who is surviving an anesthesia residency, enjoying early married life to a fellow doctor-type, missing friends and family who are really much too far away, living in the cornfields of Iowa, and is currently constantly amazed at this life God has created in me.

Emonster is name that stuck after a chance moment in high school...when a very dear, awesome friend was trying to get my attention during a calculus class or something equally as stimulating.
"Esther!"
(no response -- I was obviously paying attention to the lecture since I was such a good student)
"Cookie monster!" -- I had a thing for cookie monster back in the day.
(still nothing)
"Monster!!"
(la di da)
"E-MONSTER!!" - now that got my attention. And has stuck ever since.

So, in honor of that dear friend, of the new little creature along the way...and of my new mac book pro (heh). I present the life of an emonster.

3 comments:

  1. Best blog I have ever read... Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! You started a blog!!!! I actually had to go to your facebook to find out you started one! I'll be following =). Please document more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After watching Julie & Julia last weekend, I'm very excited to know someone with a blog I can follow now! Did you know in high-school that your nickname was foreshadowing the rise of the world wide web and "E-" everythings?

    ReplyDelete